There are some new graphics in the Freebie Area that you can download and use in your own creative project. This time is about food, ingredients, cooking… So these graphics are perfect for lunch invitations, recipe templates, covers of recipe notebooks, etc.
This is a small selection of graphics from my last product The Foodie Kit – Illustration Food. A banner, a tomato, lettuce and olive oil are wating for you ready to be downloaded and used in your own project.
There are many things that could be designed with these graphics but here’s an idea that you could create at home in less than 10 minutes.
We’re going to create a little composition in Photoshop to print at home and decorate the cover of a regular notebook.
Let’s say you have a A5 size notebook at home with a plain cover. What if we turn it into a recipe notebook?
- Once you have download and unzipped the Food Illustrations freebie in your computer, open the four illustrations in Photoshop.
- Create a New Document in Phosothop: Width (3,74 inches), Heith (2,74 inches), resolution 300 dpi, and CMYK color mode.
- Copy and paste the four illustrations in the new document. Each illustration will be in a different layer. Now you have to scale the illustrations, and fit them in the document creating the following composition. You will also need to drag the layers up and down to display them in the right order. See the following image.
4. Write some text over the banner. In my case I wrote “My recipes” and I used Selima font, whose creator kindly shares for free on Behance.
5. Print your final composition! Cut the illustration with paper scissors and leave a white edge. Then, paste it on the cover of your notebook. Ta daah!
I hope you liked this little project idea. Let’s me know if you finally did it! And feel free to tag me on Instagram or Twitter to see how your notebook looked! @lisasbalcony
If you love these graphics, consider buying the complete graphics set and get a lot of ingredients, kitchenware, and other graphic resources for your creative projects: The Foodie Kit – Illustration Food.